For some, investment banking is the holy grail. My client was a treasurer with a well-known but medium sized bank. However, he really wanted to do deals with a top shop. How do you get an investment banking job in December? Impossible most people say.
How do you turn a treasury specialist into an investment banker? You create and execute on a plan:
- Teach the client exactly what investment bankers do to validate his career goal
- Convert his resume to sound more investment banking vs. treasury
- Optimize his LinkedIn profile to walk and talk like an investment banker
- Avoid job boards and access the hidden job market
- Network like crazy with very targeted people
- Spend a few good hours drilling him how to handle interview questions
December? Investment Banking?
We closed that deal!