“It must be my resume.”
This is the universal answer I hear why my clients are stuck in the job search process.
While your resume is really important, it represents only about 10% of the reason you’re stuck.
Job search is conceptually easy to understand but hard to execute. It has 5 basic parts:
- Clear Career Goals
- Wow Resume
- Optimized LinkedIn Profile
- Accessing the Hidden Job Market
- Networking like a Pro
Not all steps are equal in importance, time spent, or difficulty.
Asking and answering these following questions are so much more important than the format or content of your resume:
- Do you really understand your career goals and have the market validation that your goals are realistic?
- Do you realize you never need to apply for jobs online ever again?
- Do you understand the power of the network you can create, today, now?
- Do you have a customized strategic career plan?
If you don’t have a customized strategic career plan, you will run around without direction.