You need to get out of your comfort zone if you want a new job. Many of my clients have feelings of being stuck. I admit I’m stuck in my comfort zone as a career coach since I only blog on LinkedIn and FB. I need to move to Twitter to tweet, tweat, trick or treat or treat, whatever the word is.
I am getting out of my comfort zone in career coaching and starting to tweet.
There is help for us!
- I’m scared I will be laid off but moving is risky too
- I don’t know how to capture the real me on my resume
- I’ve heard search engine optimization on LinkedIn is crucial; what does that even mean?
- I hate networking with people I’ve not spoken to in a while; I feel I’m using them
- When I interview, I am selling me to me instead of me to the recruiter
Getting unstuck is scary. I am scared of the following by moving to Twitter
- The interface is confusing; it’s built for my kids and the President
- Can I use video, pictures, or just words?
- Are my clients even on Twitter?
- How should my blogs differ from my tweets?
- How do I get followers to engage with my content?
So, what can you do to jump into your job search?
- Understand that you need a career coaching plan to tackle this incredibly important project with timelines and deliverables, just like a project at the office
- Initiate or deepen your stress reduction practice through meditation, yoga, or just punching your pillow. See my video on stress reduction
- Realize this job search process is a marathon of 3-6 months, not a sprint of 3-6 weeks