Happy Sunday. As a #careercoach, I am asked all the time by clients if they should take an online #job given the trend towards remote working. The question is a little complicated:
- If you have no other choice since you have a large employment gap, need to break into a new field, or really need the money, yes
- If you don’t mind the headquarters’ location of the company, yes
- If you would never, in a million years work in the company headquarters, then the answer is probably no
I believe companies are telling employees they can work from home, implying it can be for a long time or forever. Two reasons come to mind:
- I believe that some companies believe themselves
- However, they could change their mind as business conditions change
- I believe that some companies are lying through their teeth and playing the bait and switch game
- Wait until the CEO reveals the truth and then you are forced to go somewhere you don’t want.
I would stay away from remote jobs if you really hate the headquarter location. Unless you really need the money.
Remote working is a trend. All trends reverse themselves.