We all know March Madness and Zion Williamson. We all know who has made it into each bracket and the favorites for winning. Did you know the NCAA established the tournament in the 1930’s to teach us how to get a job?
Making It Into The Bracket
How do you get into the bracket other than paying Rick Singer loads of money to help you? You need a 4 step plan:
- Figure out what exact job(s) you want
- Tailor your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Network like crazy
- Prepare for your interviews and nail each one
Without a plan, you will never get to the bracket. “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War. It’s about strategy.
Winning the Bracket
Now you’re in the game, how do you execute what Zion Williamson will probably do to become MVP (My niece went to Duke, what can I say)?
“know yourself and you will win all battles” Sun Tzu, The Art of War. If you know yourself, execution become easy.
- You won’t apply for jobs you are not 90+% qualified
- You won’t lie in an interview but favor showing your best self
- You will articulate why you are qualified as MVP
- You will roll with the flow if you don’t get the job since you realize your river leads elsewhere
Go You and Duke.